Terms & Conditions
- Purchases can only be made by persons who access this website from within the UK.
- In these Terms & Conditions, “we” or “us” means North Kent Timber Limited, “You” means the person seeking to purchase goods from us, and “our” and ““your” shall be construed accordingly. “Agreement” means any order which is accepted by us, “Consumer” means any natural person acting for purposes outside their business.
- These Terms & Conditions will apply to all sales made on this website. You must not continue using the website if you do not accept these Terms & Conditions. Different Terms & Conditions apply when you shop in store or if you are a business with a credit account.
- You should read these Terms & Conditions before placing any order.
- These Terms & Conditions shall prevail over all other terms or conditions contained or referred to in your order or in correspondence or elsewhere or implied by trade custom, practice or course of dealing unless such other terms or conditions are specifically agreed in writing by us.
- No variation or exclusion of these Terms & Conditions shall be effective unless specifically agreed in writing in advance by us.
- You acknowledge that you do not rely on any representations made by our employees or agents. Any estimate of quantities needed or advice or recommendation as to the suitability or fitness of any goods for any particular purpose given by our employees or agents is given without liability on our part. You will be entirely responsible for ascertaining the quantities required and the suitability and fitness of the goods for their purpose.
- A person who is not a party to the agreement has no rights under the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of that agreement. You may not assign any agreement we have made with you online or any part of it without our prior written consent.
- If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms & Conditions is found by any court, or other body of competent jurisdiction to be wholly or partly illegal, invalid, void, voidable or unenforceable then such provision or part thereof shall be deemed severable and the remaining provisions of the Terms & Conditions and the remainder of such provision shall continue in full force and effect.
- These Terms & Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- (a) By placing an order with us you are accepting that these terms & conditions apply to your order.
(b) Acceptance of your order will occur when we dispatch the goods you have ordered.
(c) By placing your order you are confirming that you are 18 years old or older. All deliveries must be signed for by a person who is over the age of 18. If we cannot deliver to you because there is no one available to sign for the goods we will ask you to rearrange delivery but we may need to make a charge for re- delivery. If no one is available to accept re-delivery we may cancel your order, deduct the delivery charges and refund the balance of your money.
(d) When you place an order payment in full should be made for all goods and any related delivery charges. After you place an order through the website, we will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received the order.
(e) We reserve the right to reject any order for any reason.
(f) All orders are subject to stock availability. If we are unable to supply your goods within 30 days of you placing your order with us because the goods are unavailable, we will notify you and reimburse the payment made by you for the goods.
- The price payable for the goods sold shall be that set out on our website at the time you place your order.
- Any typographical or clerical omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, invoice or other document or information issued by us shall be subject to correction without liability on our part.
- Unless we otherwise agree in writing all prices shall be deemed to be inclusive of Value Added Tax. Our VAT number is 382663767.
- Delivery charges are not included in the price of the goods and will be payable by you and details of the price you will pay for delivery will be clearly visible on our website.
You must pay in full at the time you place your order with us.
If for any reason you do not make payment when you place your order then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to us, we shall be entitled to at our option:
- Cancel your order or suspend any further deliveries to you and or;
- To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we use 3D Secure security methods at time of payment.
- Delivery dates or times mentioned on our website and product delivery information or acknowledgement of order or elsewhere are approximate and not of contractual effect and we shall not be liable to you for any failure to deliver on any particular date or dates, or at any particular time, nor shall time be made of the essence by you giving us notice.
- Delivery will occur when you take possession of the goods or when the goods are ready for unloading at the delivery address.
- Where we, or our agents, deliver to site it is on the understanding that there is a suitable road to the point on the site where delivery is requested. If no such road exists delivery will be made to the nearest point to which, in the opinion of the driver, the vehicle can safely proceed and unload. Deliveries are to the curbside only. Except for use of a vehicle mounted crane, you will provide all necessary labour and equipment required to unload materials promptly and will indemnify us against any cost, claim, loss or damage arising from unloading and or delivery save insofar as such claims, costs, losses or expenses relate to liability for death or personal injury. Due to insurance we are unable to enter on to in private property.
- If you keep our delivery vehicle waiting for an unreasonable period of time or if we are obliged to return without affecting delivery a justifiable additional charge may be made that reflects the additional cost to us.
- If you refuse or fail to take delivery of goods tendered in accordance with your order or we are unable to deliver the goods because you have not provided appropriate instructions you shall pay us any additional costs or carriage incurred by us.
- The responsibility of the goods shall pass to you upon delivery.
- If you request for your goods to be left in a ‘safe place’ we cannot accept any liability for any loss or damages.
- All orders that are subject to collection are to be collected within 5 working days of being notified.
- If for whatever reason you cannot collect your order within the allocated 5 working days you should contact us at the earliest opportunity.
- The risk in the goods shall pass to you upon delivery and you will then be responsible for them.
- You shall inspect the goods upon delivery. If there are clear damages to the packaging this should be highlighted on the delivery note before signing.
- If the goods you purchase are faulty, we may offer a repair, exchange or refund as appropriate in accordance with your statutory and consumer rights. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange return of faulty goods at our expense.
- If a refund, repair or exchange is refused we reserve the right to charge you any collection costs.
- Nothing in this clause is intended to affect your statutory rights or your rights as a consumer.
- If any goods develop a fault after 28 days following delivery and where the manufacturer has provided a helpline, repair service or warranty, you should contact the manufacturer direct. We will have no obligation to provide any refund or assistance after the 28 days following delivery.
- Any delivery discrepancies must be reported within 48 hours.
- Nothing in this clause is intended to affect your statutory rights or your rights as a consumer.
We hope you’ll be pleased with your purchase. If you should change your mind and wish to return anything bought from us, we’ll be happy to refund or exchange goods you have purchased from us online within 14 days of delivery providing:
- The goods you want to return are unopened, unused and in a fully resalable condition.
- You will be responsible for returning the goods to us at your own cost and provide proof of return or we can arrange collection which will be chargeable at a minimum cost of £30 which may vary dependent upon your location and product type.
- Goods should be returned to us at North Kent Timber Unit D Malt House Farm Green Street Green Dartford Kent DA2 8DX with proof of purchase and your order details.
- You must notify us by email at email@example.com.
- We aim to process your refund within 14 days of receipt of the returned items.
- Refunds can only be made to the original card of purchase or PayPal account.
- If the goods you return are not in a fully resalable condition we reserve the right to refuse a refund on the goods.
- The non resalable items are the following:
- Made to measure or bespoke products which have been made to your specifications or clearly personalized or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned.
- Perishable goods.
- Any product with a short shelf life or sell by date.
- Specially obtained/ordered goods.
- Cementitious goods (eg. cement).
- Plaster based products (eg. multi-finish).
- Mixed paints/liquids
- Chemicals/liquids which have been opened.
- PIR insulation boards.
- Goods that have been fitted/installed.
- Any goods which have become mixed inseparably with other items/other orders after their delivery.
Returns where over 14 days have passed since your purchase are refunded in the form of store credit.
Due to the nature of these goods unless they are faulty, we’re unable to offer a refund or exchange.
None of the above conditions affect your statutory rights when goods are faulty, or not as described.
- You can cancel any on-line order (excluding bespoke or made to measure products) and receive a full refund (including standard delivery charges) by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org (including order number, post code and telephone number) at any time before the product is dispatched. Or by post to Returns Department, C2S Timber @ North Kent Timber Unit D Malt House Farm Green Street Green Dartford Kent DA2 8DX.
- Refunds will be paid to the payment card used to place the order and will be made as soon as possible, and no later than, the earlier of 14 days after our receipt of the returned Products, or 14 days after our receipt of evidence of the return of the Products to us. We are permitted to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the Products which are due to the manner in which you have handled them.
- Please note that if you cancel an order after the Product has been delivered, you will be responsible for returning the Product to us at your cost, and this must be within a 14 days period from receiving the goods. Items that are excluded from refunds, are listed above in Returns.
- Nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for:
- Death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors.
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Breach of the terms implied by S 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979.
- Defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or restrict liability.
- We shall not be liable for any consequential, indirect, economic or special loss or for any loss of profits, loss of business, loss of revenue, loss of goodwill or loss of anticipated savings whether arising from breach of contract, tort including negligence, breach of statutory duty, misrepresentation or otherwise.
- Images contained within this site may vary from the actual product. Please check the product description and additional information for more details on the item. If the product information is unclear, please contact us for further information.